If you are looking for a tool for cutting and chopping wood, the chain saw is for you. Chainsaws are mechanical tools with a teeth chain on the blade’s edge. Chain saws are intently made to cut wood, but it is also used to cut various materials such as plastic, concrete, frozen meat, and bone. So let’s further know about the benefits and types of chain saws and decide which brand best suits your work type.
Top 10 ChainSaw Machine Brands In India
List Of Top ChainSaw Brands In India
What is ChainSaw?
A chainsaw is a portable mechanical saw for cutting and trimming trees, branches, and other wooden materials. It consists of a chain wrapped around a guide bar and is powered by a gasoline engine, electric motor, or battery. The chain has teeth designed to cut through wood quickly and efficiently, and it is operated by a trigger mechanism that controls the speed and direction of the chain. Chainsaws are commonly used in forestry, logging, and landscaping industries for felling trees, pruning branches, and cutting firewood. Homeowners also use them for yard work and general property maintenance.
What Are The Benefits of Chain saw
- Cuts fast:- The chain saws cut very fast. The cutting speed depends upon the object’s size, the chain’s size, and the chain’s sharpness.
- Versatility:- The chain saw is versatile. They are not only used in cutting wood but are also used for cutting metals, plastic, and concrete.
- Easy to operate:- Chainsaws are easy to use. Anyone can operate them it needs minimal practice to learn their application.
- Needs little space:- Chainsaws are small in size. They require little space. The max size of the chain saw is 24 inches.
- Easy to recharge:- Some chain saws are run on the oil-gas mixture. It is easy to refuel these chainsaws. And for the electric chain saw, replace the spent battery with the charged battery.
How Do We Choose the Best Chain Saw Brands For You?
List Of 12 Best Chain Saw Brands In India
|Our Top Recommendations (Ranking)
|best Chain Saw Machines In India
|Stanley Black & Decker BD 20V Max Lithium Chain Saw
|Stihl Cast Iron Chain Saw MS-250
|Makita UC4041A Electric Chain Saw 16
|Husqvarna 135 Mark II Gas Chainsaw, 38-cc 2.1-HP, 2-Cycle X-Torq Engine, 16 Inch Chainsaw
Stihl Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is 90 years old Germany-based company. It was founded in 1926 by Andreas Stihl, a global company that deals in outdoor tools like chainsaws, brush cutters, hedge trimmers, blowers, vacuum shredders, telescopic pruners, earth Augers, rescue saws, and cut–off Saws. Stihl Chainsaw is a 6 kg chain saw with a chain length of 14 inches. It is easy to operate and comes with great features. It comes with an air filter for easy filter cleaning and replacement. It has a rear handguard, gives safety and provides expansive space for foot placement while working. Its front handle provides grip and comfort while working. It is high quality and durable product. Stihl Chain Saw Price In India – 15,550*
Most Selling Stihl Chain Saw In India
- Stihl MS 180 C-BE – (Overall)
- REO Decora 3-Way Switch – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Stihl MS 362 C-M – (Value For Money)
Stihl Chain Saw Pros & Cons
- Easy to operate
- Durable product
- High-quality product
- Powerful tool
- It is an expensive chainsaw
Why do we choose the Stihl chainsaw?
It is a high-quality power tool with great features. It comes with a rearguard and air filter.
|81L x 23W x 25H Centimeters
Ibell Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is an Indian company headquartered in Kochi, Kerela. It manufactures various power tools, handheld, Garden, Welding Machines, and Air Compressors. It is an electric chain saw with an ergonomic inline engine and chain break alert for safety. It comes with a powerful motor of 1800 watts and has a blade length of 12 inches with a cutting speed of 1200 RPM. The guide length is 405mm. It has an automated oiler system that lubricates the chain according to the need, thus saving them time and effectively completing any task. iBELL Chain Saw Price In India – 7,189*
Most Selling Ibell Chain Saw In India
- Ibell CS 3820 – (Overall)
- Ibell CS 2500 – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Ibell CS 1800 – (Value For Money)
- It has an ergonomic inline engine
- It comes with a chain brake alert.
- Powerful motor
- Affordable chain saw
- Gives smooth performance
- The chain quality is not so good
- A chain cover is not provided with the tool
Why do we choose Ibell Chain Saw?
The unique feature of the Ibell Chain Saw is that it has an ergonomic inline engine and comes with a Chain brake alert for safety.
|54.4L x 35.7W x 28.1H Centimeters
Cheston Chain Saw
About the Brands: Cheston is an Indian company set up in Delhi and was founded in 2017. It produces Saws, Air blowers, Drill machines, Drill Bit sets, Glue Melting guns, etc. It is a premium quality and durable tool. It is a highly efficient tool and thus is best suited for professional woodworking. It is a cordless chainsaw with a chain length of 11.5 inches. It has an easy-to-operate handle and is safe for sawing. The electric grinder in the tool can be converted into an electric chain saw by changing some accessories in the tool. Cheston Chain Saw Price In India – 5,199*
Most Selling Cheston Chain Saw In India
- Chestn 2518 Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Chestn 3420 Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Chestn 4520 Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- Highest quality tool
- East to operate
- Convertibility of electric grinder into the electric chain
- Best suited for professional woodworking
- The packing is loose
- The blade quality is not so good
Why do we choose Cheston Chain Saw?
Cheston Chain Saw comes with the unique feature of convertibility of an electric grinder into an electric Chain, and it is also an excellent quality tool.
|48L x 15W x 9H Centimeters
Craftsman Chain Saw
About the Brands: Craftsman was founded in 1927 by Arthur Barrows. It manufactures products in tool lines, such as lawn and garden equipment and workwear. It is a trusted brand in the tool market. They produce the best quality outdoor tools. It is strong, durable, and gives the best performance. It is easy to operate and has a guide bar that provides a guide and support rail for the moving saw. It has versatile compatibility. Its original equipment can be replaced by and fits various Craftsman, Echo, Homelite, Husqvarna, John Deere, Poulan, Poulan Pro, and Ryobi models. It had a low kickback design for kickback requirements. Craftsman Chain Saw Price In India – 12,299*
Most Selling Craftsman Chain Saw In India
- Craftsman CS380 18 Inch Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Craftsman CS2518 Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Craftsman CS1816 Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- Superior quality product
- The tool is vital and thus has a durable life
- Easy to operate
- The guide bar needs to be improved
Why do we choose Craftsman Chain Saw?
It is a superior quality product and durable, and it also has the feature of replacing the original equipment with other equipment.
Black & Decker Chain Saw
About the Brands: Black & Decker is an American manufacturing company founded by S. Ducan Black in 1910. Black & Decker manufactures power tools and accessories, home improvement products, hardware, home appliances, etc. They are known for offering affordable, lightweight, and reliable products. The black and decker tool is lightweight, weighing 680 gms. It requires a 2AA battery. It had an ergonomic design and was easy to handle. Black & Decker Chain Saw Price In India – 35,689*
Most Selling Black & Decker Chain Saw In India
- Black & Decker CS1820 18-Inch Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Black & Decker CS1618 16-Inch Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Black & Decker CS1416 14-Inch Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- The tool is affordable
- It is a lightweight tool
- It has an ergonomic design
- It is a reliable product
- It makes noise and is too loud while working
Why do we choose the Black & Decker Chain Saw?
It is an affordable tool and comes with an ergonomic design.
|Black + Decker
|32L x 9W x 7H Centimeters
Makita Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is a Japanese company founded in 1915, known for producing portable devices, power tools, and woodworking machines. It is best for cutting metals. The tool has a chain length of 18 inches, a chain speed of 2000-3000 RPM, motor power of 3.8hp, a weight of 6.12 kgs, and a high output engine, which provides more excellent and gives fewer vibrations. It is lightweight and durable. The polymer chassis provides prolonged use reliable performance, and less fatigue to the user. It comes with an automated oiler chain that maintains the amount of lubricant. The user can manually adjust the amount of lubricant. It has an ergonomic design and a comfortable handle that is easy to use. Makita Chain Saw Price In India – 11,500*
Most Selling Makita Chain Saw In India
- Makita DUC254Z 25cc Cordless Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Makita UC4041A 16 Inch Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Makita DUC160Z 16cc Cordless Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- It has a high-output engine
- Gives less vibration
- It is light in weight
- It has an ergonomic design
- Automated oiler chain
- It has a poor plastic body
Why did we choose the Makita Chain Saw?
The Makita chain saw has many features, like a high-output engine, an ergonomic design, and an automated oiler.
|45.5L x 24.5W x 20H Centimeters
Ryobi Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is a Japanese company founded in 1943 that manufactures automobiles, electronics, and telecommunications industries. It also sells printing equipment, power tools, and builders’ hardware. It is a lightweight and easy-to-install tool. Lubricant technology keeps the chain lubricated and reduces friction while working. The Top-Plate Filing Indicator makes sharpening easy and gives accurate cuts. It gives less vibration, making it more comfortable and increasing productivity. Ryobi Chain Saw Price In India – 10,099*
Most Selling Ryobi Chain Saw In India
- Ryobi RCS2360 23cc Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Ryobi RCS2540 25cc Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Ryobi RBC2200 22cc Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- It is light in weight
- It is easy to install
- It comes with lubricant technology
- Gives less vibration
- It is an expensive tool
Why do we prefer Ryobi Chain Saw?
It is lightweight, easy to install the tool, gives less vibration, and comes with lubricant technology.
|31.25 x 11 x 9 inches
Echo Chain Saw
About the Brands: Echo Tools is an Indian company established in 1999. It specialises in delivering professional tools to its customer. It is a cordless tool and runs on fuel. The bar length is 12 inches. It has an adjustable clutch drive oiler, which runs only when the saw moves. It comes with an air pre-cleaner for extended filter life. A good grip gives optimum control. It has a choke with automatic fast, ideal for easy starting and tool use. It has a dual post-chain brake for durability. It has a side-access chain tensioner for ease of chain adjustment. Echo Chain Saw Price In India – 7,189*
Most Selling Echo Chain Saw In India
- Echo CS-351 EP Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Echo CS-450E Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Echo CS-2511T Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- It comes with an adjustable clutch driver oiler
- It has an air pre-cleaner
- It comes with a good grip and optimum control
- It comes with a dual-chain brake
- It is a durable product
- The chain quality needs to be improved
Why do we choose Echo Chain Saw?
The echo chain saw is durable with an adjustable clutch drive oiler and air pre-cleaner. And it gives good grip and optimum Control.
Ego Chain Saw
About the Brands: Ego power equipment is made by Chevron a Chinese company. The tool weighs 8.3 pounds and is a battery-powered tool. It has a high-efficiency brushless motor that gives a speed of 6300 RPM. It has a 14-inch bar and chain. For safety and control, it has a kickback brake. It also comes with the feature of chain tension adjustment. It has good battery life and is light in weight, and comes with extra features. Ego Chain Saw Price In India – 9,999*
Most Selling Ego Chain Saw In India
- EGO CS1800E Chainsaw – (Overall)
- EGO CS2000i Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- EGO CS2500i Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
Why do we choose the Ego Chain fix?
It is lightweight, has good battery life, and comes with tension Adjustment.
|31.6″L x 8″W x 9.9″H
Husqvarna Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is a Swedish manufacturer of outdoor power tools like a chainsaw, timers, and cultivators, and it was founded in 1689. It is a compact tool that is designed for an easy start. It is a fuel-powered tool with 7kgs. The chain length of the tool is 18 inches, and the cutting speed is 3000 Rpm. Its two-cycle engine provides more power and less vibration. The low-Kickback chain cuts through the most challenging wood material. It is a lightweight and durable product. It comes with an automated chain oiler. The 3 anti-point vibration systems and the handle make the chain saw balanced and comfortable. Husqvarna Chain Saw Price In India – 9,395*
Most Selling Husqvarna Chain Saw In India
- Husqvarna 120 Mark II Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Husqvarna 445 Rancher Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Husqvarna 572XP Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
Why do we choose Husqvarna Chain Saw?
The Husqvarna Chain Saw is easy to operate durable product with so many added features in it.
|82.6L x 23W x 27.9H Centimeters
Greenworks Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is the leader in battery power tools for DIY consumers and woodworking professionals. It was founded in 2007 in Canada. It manufactures edgers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, air compressors, cultivators, and more. The tool is an easy-to-operate tool and needs less maintenance. The weight of the tool is 6 pounds with a 12-inch steel chain. Its Lithium-Ion battery gives a good performance. It has an automated oiler system that lubricates the chain according to the requirement. Greenworks Chain Saw Price In India – 12,969*
Most Selling Greenworks Chain Saw In India
- Greenworks 2022 G24CS 24-Inch Cordless Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Greenworks 2022 G20CS 20-Inch Cordless Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Greenworks 2022 G24CS 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- Light in weight
- Good battery life
- It comes with chain tension adjustment
- It comes with a kick brake
- Oil drips when it is in storage
Why do we prefer Greenworks Chain Saw?
It is easy to operate, needs less maintenance, and gives good Performance.
Remington Chain Saw
About the Brands: It is a gas-powered tool with around 16.8 pounds and a blade length of 18 inches. Its engine provides greater power and less vibration. The 18-inch bar cuts through the toughest of wood materials. It has quick start technology, which facilitates an easy and fast start. It is lightweight and best suited for heavy jobs. It is an efficient tool. It has an automatic oiler to lubricate the tool according to the requirement. Its 5-point anti-vibration system and cushioned handle make it comfortable and easy to use. Remington Chain Saw Price In India – 12,229*
Most Selling Remington Chain Saw In India
- Remington RM189 18-Inch Chainsaw – (Overall)
- Remington RM251 25-Inch Chainsaw – (Based On Customer Ratings)
- Remington RM1816 16-Inch Chainsaw – (Value For Money)
- It gives low-vibration
- It is an easy-to-operate tool
- The tool can cut through the toughest of materials
- It comes with an automated chain oiler
- It is a lightweight and durable product
- The cuts result in a poor finish
- The model body is of cheap plastic
Why did we choose Remington Chain Saw?
Remington Chain Saw is lightweight, comfortable, and easy to operate. It has features like quick start technology, an automatic oiler, and a vibration system.
What are the Different Types of Chain Saw
- Manual or Pocket Chain Saw:- As the name suggests, the pocket chainsaw can be carried anywhere. A pocket chainsaw has a chain with blade teeth and a handle on one side of the chain. The chain is warped around the material to cut it.
- Battery-powered Chain Saw: The battery-powered chain saw comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. One has to charge the battery before order to use the tool.
- Corded electric chain saw:- Corded chain saws run on electricity, as they are connected to the power outlet, they don’t give high amperage. Thus, they have a lower cutting speed than other chain saws.
- Gas-powered chainsaws:- They are the most powerful chainsaws. They run on a gas-powered two-stroke engine and need to be frequently lubricated. These chain saws are cordless and can be taken anywhere.
What are the top 10 Chain saws?
5 Black & Decker
Which is the Best Rated Chainsaw for a Homeowner?
BLACK+DECKER Lopper Homeowner Chainsaw is the best chainsaw for a homeowner.
What should you not do with a chainsaw?
1. Don’t cut on the ground while using a chain saw; keep it on a table or any surface.
2. Don’t run the chainsaw with old gas.
3. Don’t use the motor oil if you are a new user or learning how to use a chain saw.
What to check before using a chainsaw?
You need to check the area around you. It should be safe for cutting and woodworking and should not harm anyone around you.
What are the safety features of a chainsaw?
1. Chain Brake
2. Chain catcher
3. Right-hand guard
4. Throttle Lock
5. Stop Button
Chainsaws are of different types cord, cordless, and fuel-run. The factors that matter the most are motor power, the oiler to lubricate the tool, the cutting speed, anti-vibration system. Every brand chain saw is unique in its specific features that make them different.