Pole saw is a tool for cutting difficult-to-reach branches that can’t be reached by an arm. It is a small curved saw mounted on a long handle to reach branches at high heights on trees. Pole saw is a DIY home tool and a professional tool used by woodworkers. It is used in forest laws, and gardens to trim leaves and branches at high heights.
List Of Top 10 Pole Saw Brands In India
What is Pole Saw?
A pole saw is a gardening tool that is used to trim and prune trees, branches, and bushes that are too tall or difficult to reach with a regular saw or pruner. It consists of a long pole with a saw blade or chainsaw at the end. The pole is usually extendable and can be adjusted to different lengths to reach high or awkward branches without the need for a ladder. Pole saws are commonly used by landscapers, arborists, and homeowners for tree maintenance and pruning.
What are the benefits of Pole Saw
- Helps in reaching high branches:- Pole saw is designed to solve the problem of cutting high branches on trees. It enables to you cut the branches without the help of a ladder.
- Adjustable telescoping pole:- Pole saw has an adjustable telescoping pole which is used to adjust the length of the saw. The height of branches varies thus you can adjust the length of the saw accordingly.
- Guide bar:- In the case of using a ladder you have to measure the height with a measuring tape. But pole saw comes with a guide bar that makes your job easy, the guide bar measures the height and the pole can be adjusted accordingly.
- Practical and easy to use:- Pole saw comes with an inbuilt motor. The motor can run on electricity, battery, or fuel, with a single push button you can cut through thick branches.
- Light in weight:- Using a high-weight tool is dangerous, the pole saw is a lightweight tool which easy to handle and you can easily cut through thick branches with the help pole saw.
- Needs low maintenance:- Pole saw doesn’t require much maintenance they came with great features. Nowadays, there is a self-lubricating pole saw that lubricates according to the requirement.
- Fast at cutting:- Pole saw cuts through the thick woods more efficiently and more quickly than a chain saw and is also cheap.
- Flexibility:- Sometimes you may need a pole saw to clear your garden’s shrubs. Pole saw comes with a removable pole so you can use it as a chain thus it provides you the utility to use it in both ways to cut high branches and to use it for removing shrubs.
What are The Different Type Of Pole Saws
- Electric Pole Saw:- Electric pole saw is a lightweight tool that runs on electricity that helps you to cut through heavy branches. Many electric poles saw come with an automatic lubricant feature. The pole saw oils the tool according to the need. The electric tool is mostly used by home users who use saws on their lawns and garden.
- Gas Powered Pole Saw:- Gas-powered tool is used for heavy-duty forests by professionals. These pole saws are robust; and are easy to use.
- Manual tree Pruner Pole Saw:- It is the oldest pole saw and also strong & reliable. It looks like a pole and has a big tooth at the top to cut the branches. The advantage of using a manual pole is that it does not require any fuel or electricity thus it saves money here. It is best for small yards and gardens.
- Hydraulic Pole Saw:- This is a heavy-duty machine used by professionals for wood cutting in forests, on the roadside, or on big farms. They are quite lighter than electric pole saws.
- Corded Pole saws:- Corded pole saws works on electricity and are directly connected to the power outlet. No problem with charging and spending extra on batteries.
- Cordless Pole saws:- Cordless pole saws give you the freedom to take them to any place. They are easily changeable and need a charge of less than 1 hour.
Top Pole Saw Companies In India
- Black & Decker
- Sun Joe
- Trimmer Plus
What to Consider When Choosing the Best pole Saw
- Cutting bar lengths:- Bar length determines the maximum branch diameter that the saw can cut. The pole saw usually gives the branch length of 6-12 inches. 8 inches of bar length is most common among the pole saws. To check whether the bar length is ideal or not you should check that the cutting of the bar is 2 inches longer than the diameter of the branch.
- Working height:- It refers to the length of the pole plus the length of an arm. The ideal working height of the pole saw is 7.8 to 10.5 inches.
- Run time:- Cordless and gas-powered tools have the problem of run time. They need to be refilled or recharged once they are out of runtime. The gas-powered runs for 2-4 hours by one filling of tank and cordless pole saws run for 30-60 minutes. Depending upon battery power and battery.
- Weight:- It is an important factor to consider is weight as the entire weight is to be handled by the user. The gas-powered pole saw has powerful engines that add to its weight. The weight of these pole saws is around 20- 25 pounds. The battery-powered pole saw is too heavy because of the weight of the battery. The corded pole saws are the lightest. With a weight of fewer than 15 pounds.
- Safety:- Safety is an important factor. You should read the guide properly and should understand how to use the tool. Make yourself comfortable with the tool regarding the handle and telescoping pole and ensure that you have better control over the saw.
- Additional features:- Additional features make the pole saw attractive to the user. Many poles saw come with additional features like anti-vibration, non-slip handles, and a self-oiling chain.
List of 13 Best Pole Saw Brands in India
Greenworks Pole Saw
It is known as the leader in battery power tools for DIY consumers as well as woodworking professionals. It was founded in 2007 in Canada. It is known for manufacturing edgers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, air compressors, cultivators, and more. This tool is a battery-powered tool. It is an easy-to-assemble and easy-to-operate tool with a bar length of 8 inches. The tool has an 80 v lithium battery with a weight of 12 pounds. It comes with 3 piece aluminum shaft that can be extended to 8 feet. It has an automatic oiler chain that lubricates itself according to the requirement. It comes with a cushioned handle and adjusted chain tensioning. here you can also check Best Radial Arm Saw & Best Hand Saw For Wood Cutting
Why do we prefer Greenworks pole saw?
GreenWorks pole saw comes with additional features of automatic oiler chain and adjusted chain tensioning. Also, it is powerful and lightweight Tool.
Black & Decker Pole Saw
Black & Decker is an American manufacturing company founded by S.Ducan Black in 1910. It manufactures power tools and accessories home improvement products, hardware, home appliances, etc. They are known for offering affordable, lightweight, and reliable products. This tool is a quality build tool. It comes with a 20 v lithium-ion battery with a weight of 7.9 pounds. The tool allows reaching up to 6 ½ or 10 feet and overhead reach of 10 feet. Its bar length is 8 inches. It has a longer run time and gives improved performance. you may also like to read about the Best Jig Saw For Carpenters
Why do we choose Black & Decker?
It is a quality build tool, lightweight, with good battery power and good run time.
Ryobi Pole Saw
It is a Japanese company founded in 1943 that manufactures automobiles, electronics, and telecommunications industries. It also sells printing equipment, power tools, and builders’ hardware. It is lightweight, and easy to operate the tool. It comes with a lithium-ion battery with good battery life. It gives a bar length of 8 inches. The saw can be extended up to a height of 9.5 feet and makes it easy for you to cut branches at high heights. It comes with the feature of an automatic oiler chain to lubricate itself timely. The angle cutting head provides good control over the tool.
Why do we choose Ryobi Pole Saw?
It is an easy-to-operate and lightweight tool and comes with a self-lubricating feature and angle cutting head.
Wen Pole Saw
It is one of the best manufacturers known for manufacturing good quality saws. WEN tools produce high-quality and affordable tools. It was founded by Nick Anton in 1951. It is a corded electric tool with a bar length of 8 inches. The telescoping pole allows adjustment between 5.3-7.3 feet and overhead reach up to 12 inches. Comes with a 6 amp motor and its chain rotates up to 36 feet per second. It is lightweight with a weight of 6.7 pounds which reduces user fatigue as it is easy to handle because of the weight. The tool design allows tool-free chain adjustment.
Why do we choose WEN Pole Saw?
WEN pole saws are well-assembled tool that comes with free chain adjustment and a good overhead height reach.
Worx Pole Saw
It is a lawn and garden equipment producing company that targets to produce DIY products. It was founded in 1954 by Don Goa. It is battery powered tool with a weight of 10.03 pounds. It provides an extra reach of 12 feet and 10 lbs and it makes it easy for the user to cut the branches at high heights. It is a fast tool with a battery power of 20v that needs no gas and cord and gives clear & precise cuts. It comes with an automatic tool-free chain tension system and auto lubrication feature. It is compact and a lightweight tool easy to use and handle.
Why do we use Worx Pole Saw?
It is easy to use lightweight tool that reaches up to good height and comes with the feature of an automatic tool-free chain system and auto lubrication feature.
Hosko Pole Saw
Hosko pole is a manual tool with a weight of 1.48 kg and has a stainless blade. The length of the saw is 10 feet, it can reach a great height without the help of a ladder and it is also useful for lower trimming and cutting in your garden. The saw comes with several detachable sections of stainless steel. You can detach the sections if you don’t need them. The saw gives razor-sharp cuts with three-sided sharpened edges and a single-side barb design. The tool has wide applications, in other words, it can be used to cut various trees and can be used in various places such as on forest lawns, gardens, and yards.
Why do we choose Hosko Pole Saw?
The Hosko pole saw has a wide application and comes with three-sided sharpened blades and a single side barb design.
Sun Joe Pole Saw
Sun Joe is a lawnmower brand. It is an American company and was founded in 2004. It is a lightweight inexpensive tool. It is a corded electric tool with a weight of 7.9 pounds, an 8-inch bar, and a powerful motor of 8 ampere that cuts wood up to the diameter of 9.5 inches and provides head adjust of 0° to 30°. The pole can extend up to 5.8 ft-8.8ft and gives an overhead reach of 14 inches. It is versatile in nature and can cut both types of thick as well as thin wood.
Why do we choose Sun Joe Pole Saw?
The tool is easy to operate, lightweight, and affordable tool. It is a versatile tool and comes with the feature of head angle adjustment.
Jameson Pole Saw
Jameson is a producer of quality tools used in lighting applications, inside wiring, underground cabling and locating, line clearance, and tree trimming. It was founded in 1956. The weight of the tool is 3.36kgs and the blade length is 16 inches. It comes with a versatile 3-pole system for cutting at different heights. It has a tri-cut blade for quick and clear cuts. It comes with a 6-foot base pole, 6-foot extension pole and 6-foot extension pole, and 18 feet of head reach.
Why do we choose Jameson Pole Saw?
It is a versatile tool that gives quick and clear cuts.
Milwaukee Pole Saw
Electric Tool Corporation is a power tool company that was founded in 1924 and manufactures power tools. The tool has a battery power of 18 volts and a blade length of 18 inches. It comes with an automatic oiler, chain lubricates itself according to the need. It comes with an easy-access chain tensioner. The oil reservoir is translucent thus providing visibility to see the oil level and branch hook that facilitates added cutting leverage and branch removal. Comes with a padded handle for comfort and easy handling.
Why do we choose Milwaukee Pole Saw?
It is an easy-to-operate and comfortable tool.
Greenworks Pole Saw
It is known as the leader in battery power tools for DIY consumers as well as woodworking professionals. It was founded in 2007 in Canada. It is known for manufacturing edgers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, air compressors, cultivators, and more. It is battery powered tool with a blade length of 8 inches. Its weight is about 12.8 pounds. It comes with an automatic oiler for lubrication of bar and chain according to the requirement and comes with a replacement chain. It comes with 3 piece aluminum shaft with a reach of 11 feet. It has cushioned handle to provide comfort to the user while using it. The brushless motor provides quiet operation and longer life.
Why do we choose Greenworks Pole Saw?
The GreenWorks pole saw is durable and quiet in operation tool. It comes with a replacement chain with it.
Earthwise Pole Saw
It is an American Lawnmower company that produces tools for lawn and garden businesses. It is battery powered tool with a weight of 9 pounds. It is a powerful saw with a motor power of 6.5 amp. It has a bar and chain length of 8 inches and a 30-degree cutting head angle. It comes with a protective blade cover for safety. The pole extends up to 9.5 inches that easily reach high heights. Comes with an automatic oiling system, oil window, and tool-free tensioner adjustment. It has a rubber molded handle for comfort and convenience.
Why do we choose Earthwise Pole Saw?
The Earthwise Pole Saw is a powerful motor tool and comes with safety features.
Trimmer Plus Pole Saw
Trimmer plus is owned by Troy Built US. The Trimmer Plus Pole Saw is an easy-to-assemble and easy-to-operate tool is a 7.38 pounds tool that comes with 8 inches bar and chain length and can cut branches of diameters up to 4 inches. It comes with an adjustable extension that gives 2 height options up to 11 feet. The tool comes with an automatic oiler to timely lubricate the chain according to the requirement.
Why do we choose Trimmer Plus Pole Saw?
It is a lightweight, easy-to-operate tool that comes with an adjustable extension and an automatic oiling system.
Sunseeker Pole saw
The screen garden company ltd was founded in 2007 and manufactures trimmers, brush cutters, chain saws hedge trimmers, augers, etc. The sunseeker pole saw is a 4.39-pound tool that has an extended height of 10 inches pole saw and 30 inches of the shaft to reach high branches. The tool gives consistent, smooth, cuts. It comes with an automatic lubrication system.
Why do we choose Sunseeker Pole saw?
The tool comes with a well-extended height and gives a smooth and consistent performance.
The pole saw is a tool that is designed to cut branches over high heights. The pole saw seems just like other saws but there are many features that make it different taking from its specifications to its utility. Very little difference among the pole saw brands makes you choose one over the other.
What are the top 10 pole saws?
5. Trimmer Plus
8. Sun Joe
How long should a pole saw chain last?
A Pole should last up to 5-6 years. However, if used with care can last for more than 5 years.
Which is better electric or gas pole saw?
Gas power pole saws are better than electric poles though they are louder and produce too much noise while in operation but give the advantage of portability over the electric pole saw.
Are pole saws safer than chainsaws?
Both the saws are dangerous and need to be handled with care. Chain saws are the most powerful tool and thus are more dangerous too than other saws.
Can you use a pole saw on a ladder?
You can use the pole saw on a ladder but are at an increased risk of falling off while using the pole saw.
- 12 Best Electric Coconut Scraper Brands In India - May 14, 2023
- 12 Best Copier Paper Brands In India - May 13, 2023
- 12 Best Washing Machine Bucket Brands In India - May 13, 2023